Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Annoying Things Slim People Say, Is This Really True?

Annoying Things Slim People Say, Is This Really True?

Is this really true about slim people and their eating habits and appearance. This is the first time I read of this and decided to share with you. Share your thoughts after reading...

I eat all the time but it doesn’t show – Yea right! Please kill us with jealousy! Do you even know that just thinking about food adds a few grams to our scale?


I never find anything in my size – Oh come on! Which store does not stock XS and S sizes? Go to the kids section and find something! The kids section and all other stores are for you but our only resort is the plus size store we are embarrassed to enter.

I never put on weight – Looking for a donor? I am ready to give off some of mine to needy people like you. And if you still need help, we’ve got you an expert recommended diet plan too.

You’re not fat; you are just healthy – Yes. Thank you for certifying that! And this healthy word is so old school because in the normal world, we can either be thin or fat, little fat, very fat and obese.

I am not conscious about my weight, I eat everything – Do you even need to be conscious about something you don’t have? Where’s the weight? And don’t discuss food again; I just put on 200gms when I mentioned the word.

I look so chubby in my pictures – Are you fishing for compliments after saying this? Then here it is – you look so plump and I can even see a double chin. Happy?

I wish I had flat abs – Really? Do you think that half inch fat on your tummy can match our tyres? And if you still want wash board abs, try these exercises.

I desperately need to lose weight – That is like an outright insult to us. What do you want exactly? Disappear? Do it right away because we are so annoyed with you and your weight loss jest syndrome.

Thought it was the other way round, slim people had jibes thrown at them for being skinny and when where they going to put on some flesh and grow some curves like a real woman!!!


Source: Healthsite

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit