Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Remember Him? His Mother Finally Speaks Out

Please help the relatives of this accident victim find him...@TrafficChiefNG @Gidi_Traffic @FRSCNigeria please RT pic.twitter.com/wEVhctAUB9
I am sure you all remeber the man in the picure, Mr. Owolabi Oladunjoye, the accident victim, whose identity sparked a massive search for his relatives, claiming he had been abandoned at St Nicholas Hospital, Lagos.



Remember Him? His Mother Finally Speaks Out
Finally his mother Rahmot, has come forward to be reunited with her son. His mother said the family had been searching for him, while praising the hospital for taking care of her son without asking for money, said that Oladunjoye who was about to sit for his secondary school final examinations, ran away from home in January 2015, after collecting N200 from her on the pretext that he was going to Ile Ife.

The mother of five further revealed:
"His father died in 1994. He raises funds for his education, doing menial jobs. But on January 4, 2015, he said he wanted to travel to work and needed transport money.
The next day, I gave him N200. He said it was not enough, but I told him to manage it. He and his friend then vanished.

The next time I called him, I was hearing ‘Obalende, Oshodi’ at the background and when I queried him, he quickly cut off the phone. I called back, and he begged me to forgive him that if I knew he was coming to Lagos, I would not allow him.

He promised to return three days later, but suddenly, he became unreachable as he lost his phone. I came to Lagos to look for him after I didn’t hear from him three days later." She said it was while waiting anxiously for his return that she learnt of the accident on the radio.

On his reasons for absconding, Oladunjoye said:
"I ran away from home because I needed to raise money. I want to return to school once I leave here.
I was a bus conductor in the vehicle that had accident and we were going to Oshodi." Oladunjoye was involved in a fatal accident on the Third Mainland Bridge on Friday, January 23, 2015, and was rushed to the medical facility where he was in a coma for weeks before he was revived.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit