Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Summer's Moving Letter To Her Dead Dad, Found In A Car Park!!!

Summer Lloyd, Pub Landlady Nicki and the letter to her dead dad
The letter above is a letter from Summer Lloyd to her dad who passed away five years ago. It reads: 
'Dear Daddy. I love you. I miss you so much and I wish you were here right now!
'At night I sometimes look at the sky and make a wish and I make a wish on the brightest star I see and I believe it is you.
'I always think of you on your birthday, father's day, my birthday and Christmas and always after.

  'Happy some days sad the other but right now I can feel you in my heart and you are always in my mind but I just wish I could have said one last goodbye and one last hug before you took your journey to your new home in heaven.
'I know all my brothers and sisters and everyone in our familys (sic) miss you every day too and wish you were still here but until we meet again or talk again I will leave you to rest.
'I love you so much xx RIP daddy xx and I hope you are happy where you are xxx
'Lots of love, your little girl Summer, I love you xxxxxxx.'
What was the letter then doing in the car park of the Prince of Wales Pub?

Summer from Somerset had the intention of attaching the letter to a ballon before letting it off into the sky, but she dropped the letter outside the Prince of Wales Pub on Ham Hill in Somerset, and thought she had lost the letter for good.

Daily Mail reports that a customer handed the letter into the pub, while an online appeal was launched for the owner to get in touch. The facebook appeal by landlady Nicki Holroyd was seen all over the world. Summer and her letter have now being reunited and she has decided to frame the letter instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit