Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2016 Dethroned For Bad Behaviour

Miss Puerto Rico Universe Dethroned For Bad Behaviour
There is an adage that says, let your attitude be 100% in all you do. I am sure Puerto Rico Miss Universe 2016, Kristhielee Caride, 24, never expected the reality of her attitude to become the undoing of her reign as a beauty queen. 


The needle that broke the camel's back took place during an interview with a local newspaper in which she was criticised for being dismissive and saying she did not love cameras.
"I wanted the earth to swallow me. You always have to put your best face forward ... it's a given that we are going to be in front of cameras and that we have to answer all types of questions." - Desiree Lowry, national director of Miss Universe Puerto Rico said
The beauty queen took to her FB page to tender an apology to all her fans in which she wrote... 
 "I would like to express my most sincere apologies to each and every one of my fans first of all those who have supported me from the first moment, to my work team and the organisation of miss universe Puerto Rico. 
"It was never my intention to make you feel bad, hurting or damaging the image of those who have helped me to be where I am today. It is human to err, it is also courageous to recognize our errors and I want to continue being an example of a real woman with purpose that maintains their head held high before all adversity that happens in life.
Beauty queens are not exempt from having a bad day, I allowed my feelings to get in the way of my work." -  Kristhielee Caride on her dethronement statement. 
The first runner-up, Brenda Jimenez will now take over as Puerto Rico's new Miss Universe contestant.

This should this be a wake up call for all beauty queens that they are not exempted for diva-like behaviour, they serve as role models now and for years to come.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit