Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

OMG!!!!!! Wife Demands Ransom From Husband After Kidnapping Their Two Children

OMG!!!!!! Wife Demands Ransom From Husband After Kidnapping Their Two Children
Mrs Brown and her accomplices 
Rivers State Police Command has arrested a woman, Mrs. Abigail Brown, for kidnapping her two children to get ransom from her husband. Brown and her husband’s former driver, identified simply as ThankGod, were said to have kidnapped Abigail’s two children and called the husband to pay a ransom to secure their release.

Mrs Brown initially denied the allegation against her, but later said the act was not intentional. She told Punch Metro that it was frustration that made her to commit the crime, adding that she had no means of survival.

She claimed that her husband had abandoned her and the two children to suffer, adding that the kidnap was the only means of making some money from her husband.
“I did it because of frustration. My husband abandoned me and my children. Since he left us and went away, I have been suffering with my children, and I know that he has money. I only did it to make him bring money for me to take care of the children we had together.”
The suspect had demanded N6m as ransom to secure the release of the two children. She said, “I did not demand up to that amount, but I demanded money from my husband”.

Mr ThankGod, the former driver to the woman’s husband, who accepted taking part in the act, said his former boss’ wife contacted him.
“She called me to help her. She told me to take the two children to her sister’s place. That is how I got involved. She used me to act as the kidnapper of the two children before we were arrested. She lured me into it.”

Source PunchNG

How desperate can the heart of people be in the quest of getting rich.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit