Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Jay Z Hits Back At Tidal Critics With "B-Sides’" Freestyle

Jay Z Hits Back At Tidal Critics With "B-Sides’" Freestyle
Tidal is here to stay..... So says JayZ

Businessman, entertainer, Shawn "Jay Z" Carter put on a private concert last night for Tidal subscribers at Terminal 5 in New York City, and he entertained them with a freestyle rap dissing Spotify, Steve Jobs, and Youtube.  Watch clip after cut.


“Don’t ever go with the flow, be the flow
And I don’t need no middle man to talk to my ni**as
I understand if you don’t understand, I figure I’m Jigga
That’s where we differ
I take what’s mine, you accept what they give you, I get you
I don’t take no checks, I take my respect
Pharrell even told me go with the safest bet
Jimmy Iovine offered a safety net
Google dangled ’round a crazy check
I feel like YouTube is the biggest culprit
Them ni**as pay you a tenth of what you supposed to get
You know ni**as die for equal pay right?
You know when I work I ain’t your slave right?
You know I ain’t shucking and jiving and high-fiving, and you know this ain’t back in the days right?
Well I can’t tell, how the way they killed Freddie Gray right?
Shot down Mike Brown how they did Tray right?
Let them continue choking ni**as,
We gon’ turn style, I ain’t your token ni**a
You know I came in this game independent, right?
Tidal, my own lane, same difference
Oh ni**as is skeptical about they own shit
You bought nine iPhones and Steve Jobs is rich
Phil Knight worth trillions you still bought those kicks
Spotify is nine billion and they ain’t say sh*t!
‘Lucy you got some ‘splaining to do’
The only one they hating on look the same as you…
That’s cool, I know they trying to bamboozle you
Spending millions on media trying to confuse you
I had to talk to myself, ‘Hov you used to it’
It’s politics as usual”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit