Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Kris 'Proud Mama' Jenner Gushes Over Kendall's Modelling Career

Kris Jenner On Kendall's Career As A Model
Kris Jenner took time out to show forth a mother's pride and joy on her daughter, Kendall Jenner's career as a supermodel. She penned her heartfelt message...

"I know some of you Moms out there are going to understand this, but just wanted to try and explain what I mean, every time I write, say or post#proudmama. As I sit on a plane on my way to Paris for Fashion Week, I am acutely aware of my baby girl Kendall lying next to me, fast asleep... Getting her rest for what will be another whirlwind of fittings/fashion shows/endless Glam/meetings/runways/dinners and events...  
All done with joy and exhilaration and excitement and professionalism and intensity and focus... From my little girl who all she ever dreamed of was becoming a Model and working in fashion. As I flip through my magazines, and I stumble on the most beautiful image of my girl... Who worked damn hard to get here...tireless endless days and nights, doing whatever she is asked, to follow her dream. She is beyond grateful, feels so blessed, and believe me, so grateful this is her career.  She isn't the norm, I know... But just wanted to say as I turned the page, and to see her dream come true.... 
Not sure anyone else might understand why I am a crying sobbing mess in my seat, when actually I feel like my heart could burst because I'm a #proudmama . Every Mother hopes and dreams that their children can reach for the stars and dream big... Well, if you really work hard, you can have just about anything you can possibly dream up. 
#nevergiveup#thankyou#esteelauder#inspiration#grateful#appreciation#ittakesavillage#thankful #supermodel and most of all...#love"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit