Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Ooni Of Ife's Daughter Speaks About Her Authoritative Dad, And Much More

Ooni Of Ife's Daughter Speaks About Her Authoritative Dad, And Much More
Princess Adeola Aanuoluwapo Ogunwusi, granted an interview with City People, a Nigeria magazine publication on where she spoke of how her life has been altered since her dad, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi took office as the new Ooni of Ife. Princess Adeola, 21, a graduate of Warwick University is currently doing her Masters programme at the University College, London in Urban Economic Development. 

Her dad gave birth to her when he was 19 and since then, both father and daughter have had a deep bond. Read excerpts after the break.



On her dad becoming king
“To be honest I didn’t really understand what was going on” she explained.” It all happened too fast. You know before my dad was announced as the Ooni of Ife, he was at my graduation ceremony in July and everything was still pretty normal. By normal I mean nothing much had changed with my family since I last saw them. Then next thing I know, my dad is the Ooni of Ife and now I guess my definition of normal is about to change.” She seems to enjoy a close bond with her dad.

Ooni and daughter


On lessons learnt from her dad

"My dad taught me that when you combine hard work with humility, you will go places." 
On her dad's traits 

"He’s like a permissive and authoritative dad. So while he allows me to express myself freely, he also values discipline."

On her early beginnings

“I grew up in Ibadan, lived there until I was 14 then I moved to Lagos. I completed my Primary and Secondary School education in Ibadan. I attended Ronk New Age Nursery and Primary School, Livingstone College and United Missionary Comprehensive College (UMCC). After secondary school I got an admission into American University of Nigeria (AUN) but I was only there for a year then I moved to England. I completed my foundation at Warwick University, Bachelor’s degree at the university of Manchester and now, I am currently doing my masters at University College, London.

Princess Adeola Ogunwusi and mum
On her mum
"My mum is amazing. The relationship I have with both parents is quite similar really. I see my dad as that very supportive best friend and my mum as that older sister who has my back no matter what. She’s my cheerleader and the absolute best."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit