Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Charly Boy's Tribute To The Single Mother

Single Mothers Ode
Charly Boy Oputa took to his page to salute the strength of the single mother in an ode he wrote...

Hailings to all single mothers out there,

Who are keeping it tight regardless of the fight.
Wherever you maybe, I know what you're going through,
As your hash reality remains so true.
Yea! I see you. Strong, black woman. Maximum Respect, 
After all what else should I expect.


I see your pain through your strength.
Standing tall while your back bends.
Carrying burdens not meant for you
While playing roles that's meant for two.
Suffering, yet smiling and hiding that storm that rages within.
Now, let me tell you something. The fact is.
Being a single Mum is learning about
strengths you didn't know you have and 
Dealing with fears you hardly know existed.
Hey woman, yes you.
I see you striding like an African lioness
Making that hunt for the gain of your seeds
Constrained by your feeble being yet attaining more than you ever thought.
It will never be in vain that struggle that you so boldly exhibit.
The virtues you have ingrained shall dry your tears tomorrow 
Maintain your fight to love, care protect and provide for that seed which you and your former partner planted, but left only you to water.
To all you women playing the father figure for men who have failed to do that which is their God given responsibility, I salute you.
To the hand that rocks the cradle, that superwoman with a noble cause, I salute you
I dof my Hat for all single Mums, because your pain
has made you change. The change has made you grow, 
And my God, see how your growth has made you strong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit