Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Funmi Iyanda Speaks Of Being Sick Since October 2014

As  TV peronality, Funmi Iyanda celebrated another year, she took to twitter to inform her fans and loved ones that she has been out of action since October 2014 - Travelling and juggling her numerous activities did not raise any suspicion that she was ill. She wrote...

"I’m not going to be able to reply all the birthday wishes, partly because replying and rewetting them embarrass me but l’m very thankful. Its been a tough year. I have been ill since October. Very. I’ll talk about it when l fully recover as it may help someone else. 
Being quite sick is not fun, at all. However when your body becomes vulnerable and weak you do find other kinds of strength and clarity. You also find out the truth of your relationships. Some truths are beautiful, others ugly but none bad really, it is what it is. 
Happening at a time when l was poised for so many fabulous things l’d spent years on was deeply distressing. It messes with your mind. Taking the decision 2 cancel jobs, assignments, engagements and opportunities because well, you just can’t was hard on my goal driven ego. 
Mostly, it was hard to not be able to parent my daughter fully or mother my family as l’ve always done.I refused help cos l was d helper. They something great happened when I let go. I let my daughter help me, l let my family support. I stopped being superwoman. Its great.

I’m a lot better than l was and will definitely recover completely. I’ll tell the story in my own words cos then l’ll know what worked. For now, l’m thankful and grateful to the universe, my family, blood/adopted and twitter which kept me entertained in darkest d hours:)," she said. 
We are glad you are in good health celebrating your birthday.... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit