Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

£50,000 Raised For Pensioner Mugged By A Heartless Thug

Pensioner Alan Barnes and Ms Cutler beat the bullies by fund raising
Mr Alan Barnes, a  disabled pensioner was attacked as he emptied his bin has received a rousing support from fund raisers after a beautician heard about his plight and decided to set a fund page to help him relocate. 

The Alan Barnes Fund on website Go Fund Me has now reached £50,000 with donations of up to £1,000-a-time coming in from around the world. Daily Mail reports that Alan Barnes who was born with growth problems and is now partially sighted, weighs just six stone and is 4ft 6in tall - was knocked to the ground as he put his bin outside his home in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear.


Daily Mail reports that Ms Cutler, 21, also from Gateshead, said: 'I had just put my daughter to bed when I came across Alan's story on Wednesday night and I was really upset by what I had read.
'Alan obviously can't defend himself and he must have been so afraid. He comes across as such a quiet, timid, man and I can't imagine how this must have affected him. 
'I wanted to do something to help so I went online to set up a fundraising page. I had heard that he was too afraid to go back to his old house so I thought raising a few hundred pound might help him to find somewhere new.
More than 2,000 people have donated using the page, many of whom left messages of support.

Mr Barnes, a committed Christian, had this to say of the incident and the fundpage:
'When I was told about the fund, I was totally surprised as I didn't expect anything like that. I'm so grateful and I just want to say a big thank you, it's such a lovely thing to do.
 'Someone just jumped on me. It all happened in a very short time. I would like to see him caught because he might do it again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit