Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

I Support All Presidential Candidates, Ex President I.B.Babangida Declares

I Support All All Presidential Candidates- I.B.Babangida
General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd), a former military ruler in Nigeria had apparently endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan and then shortly afterwards the presidential candidate of the  (APC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), promising to mobilise retired military generals to support the latter.

However, during a talk show on Channels TV, on Thrusday the former president said he endorses all 14 presidential candidates in the forthcoming election.He added that all the candidates had displayed passion or the unity of the country. Asked by the presenter of the programme, Ms. Kadaria Ahmed, if he had thrown his weight behind Jonathan, Babangida said he alluded to it.
“I did allude to that. I said I found him as someone who has a very strong belief about the unity of this country.Those of us who fought the civil war and I still carry a bullet here as a permanent reminder in me, so anyone who talks about Nigeria’s unity, I get impassioned about it.So what I said is that the president believes in the unity of this country and any other person who believes in the unity of this country should support the president to keep the country one,” he said.
Continuing, Babangida said as far as the presidential election was concerned, all the 14 presidential candidates had his blessing.
“The only difference and I did mention it, is that I have not been able to read what they have to offer to this country and I am going to do that. Whoever offers what I was looking forward to I will cast my vote,” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit