Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Charly Boy Pens Silly Nigerian Youths, Wetin Dem Do You This Time O!!!

Area Fada, Charly boy is at it again, he has a message for Nigerian youths to curb their enthusiasm with fraudulence. Read after the break.


Walaii sometimes I just wish I come from a different neck of the wood. I don’t think I belong to this country sometimes. I oftentimes feel like an alien, except the few times I meet people with like minds. Why is the mindset of some people here so upside down as if they came from the dark ages? Am I the crazy one or is it the people? Every day I keep praying that God should continually put in my path only people who can sharpen me, people I can learn from and not some ignorant Naija dumbos, kaiii!

Now these are some of the little things that are so worrisome, especially as it concerns some youths whose mindset are in the gutters. Has anyone of you received some useless text massages from a total stranger supposedly praying for you and instructs you to type Amen to banish the village witches who are stealing your blessings? 
Yesoooo, this is Nigeria where Jesus Christ will send you a whatsapp message and even threatens to kill you if you do not send it to 20people, Haba! wetin dey happen? The amazing thing is that a lot of people believe this rubbish. What kills me the most is that a considerable bunch of our graduates who are supposed to have learnt something from all these yeye universities believe in this nonesense. Na WAA! 
Some of the text messages I have received bother on blackmail and scare tactics, loaded with a lot of negatives. How and why should I be broke if I don’t share the message to other people?  As Christians that we profess to be, why has it become impossible for us to use our heads? 
Does anyone out there truly believe that they will be punished if they refuse to comply? How can anyone’s destiny be tied in that kinda way to a stupid message on social media? We profess to be children of God, yet even our own shadow they fear us. You relay a useless message to people following you and believe that your fortune will change the next day, no be suwegbe you be? How can anything work without hardwork, consistency, determination and belief in self? 
Biko, I beg some of our jobless youths to stop spreading fear on the social highway, so many of us are not that gullible. God may move in mysterious ways but never in Naija ways! We need messages that will transform souls not one that is meant to induce panic and cause unnecessary fear in my Naija people. I don talk my own.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit