Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Keeping Up Appearances In Church: Man Narrates How He Was Rejected Because Of His BEARD

Keeping Up Appearances In Church: Man Narrates How He Was Rejected Because Of His BEARD
What has growing a beard got to do with servitude in church? it can be deemed as obnoxious at times in times like this, when new age churches are found wanting concerning church matters. Read Mr Yomi Fetch's experience in his church vs beard write-up.

"I was once rejected in church because of these beards of mine. Shave it or forget about being a worker" they said. As obstinate as I was, I knew I wasn't going to let anyone define me by my look, so I left for good. You see, the church is an institution, and every institution has a system in place -- a system of control. 
Members are expected to devote themselves to the system and abide by the rules. But I hate rules. I felt Christianity should guarantee freedom from discrimination. I was wrong. I expected too much. The church is a place where you're assessed before being assigned a seat, respect is based on social standing and you dare not open your mouth to question authority. But I've moved on. After all, Jesus didn't die so I could become a member of a church. So I say, to hell with the system they put in place to control minds. 
To hell with their expectations of what a Christian should look like. To hell with religion. Yeah, sometimes I feel the need to enter a serene place for worship, especially when I need to converse with my soul. It could be a mosque, church or even shrine....you see, the universe pays attention to the yearning of the soul without asking for religious affiliation. 
‪#‎Sundayschool‬
If the church discriminates on  having a beard while serving in any form of capacity, then people with visibly huge tattoos would need not apply for the such lofty positions. But, how will they encourage people of all walks of life to join the church - Is the church now becoming elitist? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit