Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Serena Williams Talks Beyonce Twerk,12 Kids And More On WSJ Magazine

Serena Williams
Tennis champion, Serena Williams spoke to Jason Gay of Wall Street Journal Magazine summer edition. She revealed that she was not a morning person at all. She spoke on that twerk she did on Beyonce's formation video and much more.

Tennis superstar

 On dancing in Beyonce's Formation Video:
“I’ve known Bey for a long time,” Williams says. She also confesses: “I got really sore from dancing!” 
By now everyone in tennis knows that Serena Williams is a karaoke warrior (“That’s her thing,” says Wozniacki), but she also continues to be fascinated with dance. Each year, she and Venus host a competition called the Williams Invitational in which teams compete in, among other events, dance routines. Then there was Williams’s appearance in BeyoncĂ©’s “Sorry” video, which Serena had to keep confidential for months. 
“If you tell me, ‘Don’t say anything,’ I won’t say anything,” Williams says.
“She really kept it a secret,” says Serena’s tennis player pal Caroline Wozniacki, who didn’t know about the video until she saw it.
Serena talks to Jason of WSJ

On alternative career, if not tennis
“I think I would be in California,” she says. “Maybe I would be married? Maybe I would have kids? I would like to believe I would. I would have probably gone into some kind of science. I love animals.” She rubs Lorelei on her pink, white-haired belly. “Maybe I would have become a veterinarian.” 
“Being a mom would be fun,” Williams says. How many children? Twelve,” she says, deadpan. “A baker’s dozen,” she continues, laughing.
Serena looks amazonian



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit