Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Missy Elliott Talks On Working With The Flotus On James Corden's Carpool Karaoke

Missy Elliott Talks On What It Felt Like Working With The Flotus On James Corden's Carpool Karaoke
Now we all know that not only can the First Lady, Michelle Obama sing, but rap like the real deal. What thoughts passed through Missy Elliott's mind when it came to working with her behind the scenes. The pair met back in March for the Change for Chimes concert and the rest they say is history. Read excerpts from her thoughts after the break.

"Just when you think you've reached the highest place, you find yourself pulling up to the White House and you're walking inside a building that you've known about since you were a little, little kid. They're taking you around and showing you [things] – even down to the plates that each president might have eaten on. It's like, 'Wow, can't believe it.'" 
"I was probably more nervous about forgetting my words,""[I was worried] I’d start mixing 'Work It' with 'The Rain' with 'Get Ur Freak On.' But I wasn't nervous about being in the car because they made me feel like they knew me." 
"When we got in the car and I saw her rapping 'Get Ur Freak On,' it kind of bugged me out! I know for a fact that it was all over my face like, 'Wait, is she rapping this?' But that goes to show you just how cool she is. People hold her in such a high regard – as you should – but she's so down to Earth. I was just sitting in the back like, 'I gotta be dreaming. This ain't even real. Is somebody going to wake me up and say, 'You overslept.'" 
Elliott says the taping was done quicker than she had imagined. "It was cool because I didn't know it was going to be one take. I'm thinking, 'We're just rehearsing!' And then they're like, 'OK, we're done!' I was like, 'Whoa, wait a minute! That was the quickest I ever shot a video!’"

Source: People Magazine 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit