Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

What Is The Point Of Public Breastfeeding As Thandie Newton Jumps On Bandwagon?!?!

What Is The Point Of Public Breastfeeding As Thandie Newton Jumps On Bandwagon
With the invention of social media, there has been lots of unwarranted behaviour than could be deemed as an idiosyncrasy. I don't mean to call people idiots seen crazy lol. What point is a woman really making with her breast out feeding a baby in a public place? Don't tell me it is a confidence boost or just an attention-seeking feminist!!! Well, Actress Thandie Newton shared a photo as she joined the list of women publicly breastfeeding and this is what she had to say...

What Is The Point Of Public Breastfeeding
“I didn’t really feel beautiful until I had my first child," she told The Telegraph. "I knew that I was considered People magazine’s Most Whatever, but all that stuff is just how we label different groups. And I’ve been very not beautiful in my life. There’s no way I was beautiful growing up.”
“I mean, I was the person that I am, but in a small town in Cornwall I was not perceived as the person that boys wanted to go out with. And that has a very strong effect on a young girl," she added. "But once I’d figured out that there were different boxes for different types of beauty, that it was like a language, I got smart about using it. And you know what? Now I do use it. I use it!”
Fair enough, some companies frown at such ideas of not wanting to see another woman's tits exposed while at work, even though she is raising her child. You don't know who is really out there and you don't want to be putting ideas in no-one's mind. Is decorum a derogatory word to use at this point? Share your thoughts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit