Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Oga Bello Retorts "He Would Rather Act In An Yoruba Film At Less Cost"

Despite his years as an onscreen actor, veteran Adebayo Salami aka Oga Bello is insistent that he would rather act in Yoruba films than in English ones to preserve its culture. 

"Well, I cannot speak for those people that did not invite me, they have their personal  reasons and I don’t want to go into it so much but I am sure if am invited I can express myself and I can interpret  roles in English.
"I don’t normally participate in English films like Jide Kosoko does  but  I must confess to you, if you come to me and you want to pay N1 million for a film and I have another script of  Yoruba movie  that wants to pay me N200,000 I prefer to go for Yoruba film. No harm meant by that, Yoruba is my language,and it is my culture I want to promote the most,” 
He gave this exclusive interview when he spoke to Potpourri Magazine, at which he also admitted that he had not been getting many calls for English films even though the Yoruba ones are of more importance to him

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit