Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Renee Zellweger Opens Up On Her Fear Of Fame

Renee Zellweger Opens Up On Her Fear Of Fame
One would think that been in the spotlight must be an absolute joy for some celebrities who have been in the game for a while. 

Renee Zellwegger who plays the singleton Bridget Jones, confesses that she is not good at fame. She can't seem to handle the public scrutiny over her alleged cosmetic surgery and weight loss.

"I don't think I'll be ever good at being a public person because there's nothing natural about it. I depend on my little group of girlfriends to get through it. We get together and watch Beyonce's visual album, Lemonade and subsequently email a million mantras"
She spoke to Red Magazine on why she escaped Hollywood for the past 6 years. 
"I needed to stop. It was time, I did the things I used to do if I had time. I visited my parents, I spent time with my brother and his children. I made a home for myself. I fell in love with somebody."
When asked if wearing a prosthetic bump for months for her latest baby movie, which will be premiered on September 16. Her response was hilarious.
"Oh gosh, no. It just made me know I needed to get back to the gym and start using some dumbbells because those little guys are heavy." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit