Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Benefits Of Baobab Fruit - Miyan Kuka

The benefits of baobab fruit
Baobab is the latest craze that in trending now in the UK, called the super fruit that can do wonders for the human body. I decided to find out what the fuss was all about,  this led me to research the topic. 

I found that baobab is also called Miyan Kuka, mostly eaten in the northern parts of Nigeria with staples like Tuwo Shinkafa (rice meal), Tuwo Masara (corn / maize meal) or Tuwo Dawa (Sorghum meal). I knew about those dishes courtesy of my dad who lived up north for a while and introduced those dishes to me, boy,  those where the days!!! I prepared mine with Gbegiri (bean paste stew) and Ewedu (Cochorus).


I also noticed in the african market, such foodstuff  from northern nigeria like sorghum millet and baobab are very very scarce, shoppers have to alternate their products, if you know what I mean. I once encouraged a woman in the market to sell tuwo dawa, but she told me that no one brought the product off her, she had to throw most of it away. 

where are the Hausa living in London???????????????

Benefits of Baobab - Miyan Kuka
It is has a whole range of minerals which includes: calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc - all these are powerful in healing the human body. 

It is a detoxifier and a liver cleanser.

It is rich in vitamin C, helps build collagen and can prevent heart disease.


Does anyone know where Nigerian baobab can be purchased in London, let us know.




It is only a fool whose tomatoes are sold to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit