Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Natural Vs Relaxed Hair

Natural Vs Relaxed Hair
Been there done that, got the badge. From having the scalp burnt whilst following trends and experimenting with different styles, it was fabulous for then. Going natural had it's ups and downs, will the hair grow the way I want it to grow?  that is one of the many questions concerning natural afro hair. But I have learnt so much about fitness and nutrition. Like the adage says, "You are what you eat"!

Children are passed down information they know from their mothers, sisters, aunts, friends etc. With the internet revolution, we have now found out that most of the things we knew about our hair was all a lie or better still, we refuse to listen to grandma when she talked about shea butter and coconut oil - Fast forward, Coconut oil is now big business in the UK! 

I remember a radio program, I listened to years back, when men were put on the spot concerning their girlfriend's / wives hair, with the question asked, "Would you have your woman wear her hair natural"? All the men that phoned in talked about their women's wigs and weaves and how it made them feel accepted in the society!!!

If you have been in this situation with natural vs relaxed hair, where are you at now with your hair and how are you learning to love your hair?  As for me, I am living the best of both worlds, I have my natural hair and can don a wig when I please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit