Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Bonkers!!! Mr Ugly Pageant Turns Nasty As Runner Up Cries Foul

Bonkers!!!: Mr Ugly Pageant Turns Nasty As Runner Up Cries Foul
Are the organisers of Zimbabwe Mister Ugly really serious?! The pageant took place today in a pub in Harare as announced - Read here

Mr William Masvinu who had held on to the title for three years from 2012 - 2015 was beaten this time around by unemployed Mr Maison Sere, 42, out of five contestants - For his winning formula, he turned up in torn overalls and few missing front teeth! He left the show with $500 richer for showing up and grinning his gnashers for the world to see.

Mr Sere
Contestants
"I want to thank God for winning this title, last time I came fourth. I just want to thank the judges for recognising me as the winner - Mr Sere's acceptance speech 
But Mr Masvinu who was awarded $100 as consolation price was not pleased with the results and lamented that "The judges were not fair, the organisers must look for new judges to start the contest afresh. I did not lose today," A real celebration of beauty in ugliness indeed. 

This brings me to question my readers, can a rich man be really ugly? Kindly share your views.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit