Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Embattled Ex-Governor Ohakim Quits Politics

The ex-governor who is facing trial over his alleged involvement in money laundering and other corruption related charges took to his social media page on Facebook to apologise to the indigenes of Imo state.

"In everything I've ever done for the people of Imo State, I did and still doing for our collective good. Even when I was lied against, I still never and will never bear any evil against the people of Imo State. My desire is for a home I and my children can confidently call our own. My decision to quit partisan politics for now and focus more on mentoring our youths is in line with this desire. As Governor I had to take some very tough decisions many of which were important. I may have stepped on one or two toes and even though you didn't understand me then, I know many now understand me now. 
"For the few who still believe I have wronged them, I sincerely apologize. I never meant anybody in Imo to suffer and did my best to avoid it. I believe the future has a lot for all if us. In a short while, we will have the opportunity to either build a tomorrow we can be proud of or condemn our dear Imo forever. It lies in your hands to stand up and make that decision. Our future and that of our future generations are in your hands. Let's hand Imo State back into the hands of God."
Would this exonerate him from the claws of EFCC?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit