Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Honesty Earns A Homeless Man A Job Offer Plus New Accommodation

Honesty Earns A Homeless Man A New Accommodation And  Job Offer
Blog visitors, what would you do if you find a wallet with £440 and lots of credit cards in it; and you are flat broke with only 20 pence on you? Be sincere, what thoughts would run through your mind?

Mr Woralop
Ask Mr Woralop of Thailand, he did the right thing. He noticed the owner of the purse had dropped his purse, but he could not catch up with him - for he was hungry and homeless, so he handed the purse in at the police station. 

Mr Woralop and Niity
The owner of the purse, Niity Pongkriangyos, (on the right), was so overjoyed when the police informed him of his lost wallet, which he did not realise was missing, contacted Mr Woralop and the rest of Mr.Woralops's homeless story is now a thing of the past. 
“I was totally surprised when the police told me they had my wallet as I didn’t even know I’d lost it. My first reaction was ‘wow’, if it was me in that position with no money I probably would have kept it. But he was homeless and had just a few coins in his pocket and still handed it in. That shows a good, honest person. Just the kind of staff we need.” - Niity Pongkriangyos
Nitty initially wanted to give Mr Woralop £44 as a kind gesture, but then decided that a job at a metal work factory would be more apt, it comes with accommodation plus a salary of £240.
‘I’m so grateful to be given this chance to turn my life around. Having a clean bed to sleep in makes me so happy now. I want to thank Nitty and Tarika for the kindness they have both shown to me.’


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit