Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Mellow Noami, Miss Campbell Now A Softie

She has been known for a lot of things, from modelling, being a drama queen to her fiery temper outbursts. So it came as a surprise when she had an interview with the standard, the outspoken queen of modelling informed the reporter that she is now a reformed character. At 44, one would not expect her to behave in the same manner that courted all the controversies her life. She spoke candidly on happiness, Ebola and how she is now a work in progress.

She said: “I’ve softened a lot over the years. The people who know me know what I’m about. You can’t please everyone. You can’t judge a book by its cover. You know my story. I don’t live in denial about it and that’s it.”  
 “I’ve softened a lot over the years. The people who know me know what I’m about. You can’t please everyone. You can’t judge a book by its cover. You know my story. I don’t live in denial about it and that’s it.” “it is “important” to laugh daily - including at herself. 
“I don’t take myself that seriously. Trust me, I don’t. I can’t.” She added: “My mindset is a little bit wiser because of the adding on of the years...I wasn’t always happy. I’m happy now. What has made me so happy is just accepting life on life’s terms, trying not to control everything, going with the flow, doing what I want to do. That’s what’s important.” 
On happiness, she said: “First and foremost, you have to be happy and have a positive mind. I do yoga and Pilates and sometimes bootcamp. But you can do all of that and still not be happy. The thought process of doing it is harder than actually just physically doing it. The mind is so powerful. I’ve learned that...I am [at peace]. If I wasn’t, you would know.” 
Although she uses Instagram, Campbell said she does not “give my life away”, and admitted that she does not know how to take a selfie from the most flattering angle: “All these years working with photographers and I actually have no idea how to take a picture!” 
She also gave her opinion on finding a cure for Ebola. “Finding a cure for Ebola is in everyone’s personal interest right now. There is no peace of mind until we know that something can be done.”

Photo credit: Evening Standard




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit