Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka Survived Prostrate Cancer

Nobel Laureate and poet,  Wole Soyinka announced at a press conference titled“Beyond Ebola and Beyond Reign of the Silent Killer” held at the June 12 Cultural Centre, Kuto, Abeokuta, Ogun state capital that he is a survivor of prostrate cancer. he used the opportunity to appeal to the Federal Ministry of Health, to ensure the prompt release of 400million naira appropriated in the 2011 budget for the establishment of cancer centres in Nigeria. Wole Soyinka stated...

" I discovered that I was afflicted with prostrate cancer in December last year and was finally cured of the killer disease on October 28 this year,” “In November, last year, I discovered that I had cancer and I have been treating it. I finished treatment on October 28 and that’s why I’ve come out to tell you this. Many people start looking at you as if you are a ghost; No! It’s not a death sentence and it is curable. I have undergone the treatment and I even have a certificate and medal to show for it, but I don’t normally wear decorations. 
I want to use myself to encourage others to take whatever test available to them in our limited circumstances here and more importantly to encourage those who are in charge of our health to take the cancer menace seriously,” Soyinka advised. 
There are many ways of managing cancer even through diet. I have had to drink a lot of water and as many of you may know, water and I are not really friends,” he said".
It takes courage to divulge such information, I have known men who keep this a secret till the point of death, I salute him for giving out this information. Men, please get yourselves checked so cancer can be curbed. The effects can be devastating if not caught early, either on the patient or the family involved. I pray Professor Wole Soyinka is totally free from the disease.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit