Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Rebecca Ferguson Shares Her Pain and Joy At Baby Arabella's Arrival

Rebecca Ferguson, the X Factor runner up 2010, disclosed her anguish after being dumped by her lover on noting she was pregnant. Her baby Arabella was born two fortnights ago, spoke of her pain and joy in an interview with Hello! Magazine which is published today, she also spoke movingly of the love and support she receives from Karl Dunes, the father of her two children.
“I was fuming when I found out, I was so angry. The way I was treated was wrong. I think some people think you’re devastated because you want the man, but it’s not that. It’s devastating for a woman because it’s a normal thing for your child to be wanted.” 
 “I don’t hold any hate towards him,” she said. “He wasn’t ready to be a dad and that’s up to him. I’m not in his shoes and I can’t force him. I’m happy with his decision now and I wish him and his partner well.”  “On the outside everyone must have thought everything was rosy at home. I kept a smile on my face and kept all my feelings inside because I had this awful feeling of shame, but I was heartbroken.” 
“On the outside everyone must have thought everything was rosy at home. I kept a smile on my face and kept all my feelings inside because I had this awful feeling of shame, but I was heartbroken.” 
"Karl has been a huge support, we’re really good friends. He was there for the birth and he has offered to adopt her and be her dad too. He has given her his name, which is lovely, so she will be the same as the other kids.” 
Well done Karl Dures





Photo credit: Hello Magazine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit