Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Charly Boy Reflects On Life As He Marks Another Year

Charly boy at 64
Charles Oputa aka Charly boy is a year older today, Happy Birthday and more grease to your creativity and adventurous spirit.  He spoke on his life, regrets and looking forward to the future. Here are excerpts from him.


On his principles:
Live and let live. You can't be beefing, judging or labeling other people because you don't know or understand how they're wired.

On Life Lessons:
To always be true to myself, to be open, and learn to be my own best friend because loyalty and commitment are hard to come by. Experience has taught me to be strong. I've mastered the art of contentment and clean living, everything must be in moderation. I've learnt to avoid stress and baggage.

On family:
I have always said it; my family is my rock, my children are my joy and pride. Family is what I've known all my life. Unlike some parents who can't truly love more than a child per time, I love all all my children in different ways and I see a bit of me in all of them, up to my siblings, grandchildren and all. Family is really what I have been blessed with, and my happiest moments have been family times.

On future's expectations: 
Expect to see more exciting things as I reinvent myself, my brand and as I go a notch higher in shocking conventional and unintelligent minds. More creative inspiration. Watch out from here and now!


Happy 64th.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit