Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Stephanie Linus Opens Up About Marriage, Reality Show and The Queen's Award

Stephanie and Queen Elizabeth II
Nollywood actress and director, Stephanie Linus spoke in an interview with Punch on her upcoming movie "Dry", marriage, her reality TV show and many more. Read excerpts from the interview after the cut.


On role in the Queen’s Young Leaders Initiative:
I am lending my voice to this wonderful cause. Organisers of the Queen’ Young Leaders approached us on how to support the Queen’s Young Leaders promotion campaign. We assisted in promoting the search for the first ever QYL in 2014 and this has resulted in four Nigerians being the QYL award winners this year.

On the release of the movie: "Dry":
My new movie, Dry, is going to be released in August; that’s the official release date. We are planning a premiere and hopefully, we will invite people to see the movie.

On the marriage themed reality show (Make Me Fabulous):
My focus is on doing something that can move the society forward. In doing this particular project, we want to make marriages strong. These days, I get a lot of young people who say they are scared of falling in love and don’t want to get married. There are a lot of things going on in the society and I wanted a manner I could present these issues in a fun-loving way that would send the right message to couples that in life no matter how hard we work, we are working for our families. But again, we have to create time for our loved ones. We need people to remember that the first reason they got married is for companionship –to have someone who can hold your back while you are still struggling. There are times we all go through certain things in life and our families are usually the people we fall back on. Hence, it’s good to keep the family unit going

On romance and marriage:
If I haven’t been practising it I wouldn’t be preaching it. I think my husband and I are good. We know where t:he foundation of our marriage is and we value each other. We also respect and truly love each other. He’s my friend and a great pal at that. We got it right from the very first time by agreeing to be married. He’s the right person for me and I am the right person for him. We are on a journey and I think we’re trying. We strive for perfection. Marriage is about making sure you and the other person have the right chemistry before going into a marriage.

On lessons in marriage:
Marriage is a long journey; therefore, the lessons are continuous. The fact is that we are communal as a people and we love to have companions. Knowing that you have someone who is your friend and you wake up every morning to do things together is a wonderful feeling. It teaches one to be where one has to compromise and recognise the fact that there are two different individuals coming together to form a marriage. You have to be sensitive to each other’s feelings and aspirations. There must be mutual respect between the couple. Marriage has taught me that being a loving wife produces a happy husband and vice versa.

For full article you can read Punch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit