Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Nicole Murphy Covers Bleu Bombshell Magazine

Beautiful Nicole Murphy
Mother of five and the ex-wife of Eddie Murphy, She was photographed by Bryan Taylor Johnson for the front cover of the Bombshell by bleu Magazine for September 2015 issue. She spoke about marriage, dating and what to expect in the future. See more pictures. 

Nicole Murphy
Knock Out Nicole
Strength?
Mother of 5
Knock Em
Out with Her

On advice for women struggling with their marriage:

I always look at It like this. If you can fix your marriage, go get counseling and you guys can get that spark back, one hundred percent go do that. If you can’t and you guys are sitting there, being miserable because the kids are there then that’s a different situation. You got to look at yourself and think about what will make you happy. The older you get it feels like time goes by so fast so why sit there and be miserable and waste your time if you don’t have to. I know it’s a fear to walk through that door and start over but life has a way of working itself out. You gotta be happy, if your kids see you’re happy they will be happy. If it didn’t work then you have to move on.

On advise for women that are on the dating scene:

It’s hard because this dating thing is new to me; I need some advice my damn self. [lol] It’s so hard because now that I’m out there and I’m single I don’t tolerate little things anymore. Find someone that you have a lot in common with. Don’t go for someone who is the complete opposite to you. Find someone who is compatible with you because that’s really important in a relationship.

On favorite beauty and fitness tips:

I have a skin line called Soft Beauty Skin Care by Nicole Murphy. That is my favorite right now because I have this serum with hyaluronic acid that we are naturally born with and the older you get we don’t produce it anymore. I also have a vitamin E oil that helps with fine lines and anti aging. For fitness tips drink lots of water and stay away from the breads if you can. I like circuit classes because I get bored and I like to switch up my workouts all the time.

On what to expect from Nicole in the future:

I plan on doing a fitness video because women of all age ranges have asked me about how I stay fit, so I’m in the talks with my trainer so we can make it happen. I also have a destiny moscato called the jewel collection. Most moscatos out there are five to ten percent alcohol volume, but mine is eleven and a half premium. It pops just like champagne. One is called diamond the other is called ruby. I’m traveling all over doing bottle signings, so that’s keeping me busy. I’m also writing two books one about me and one about my oldest daughter.

On what advice would you have given yourself in your 20’s?

Don’t trust everybody, you gotta focus and believe in yourself. Don’t be fearful, stay strong, live your life. I think life is a whole big learning lesson. Each couple years you look back and you thought you knew everything, but you knew nothing.




Source Bleu Bombshell Magazine


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit