Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Rihanna Covers V Magazine, Summer Issue 2015

Riri for V magazine
Risque, raunchy or ratchet; it's Rihanna doing what she loves, posing for the camera. Could barely recognise the picture was that of Rihanna! She channeled her inner badgal for the front cover of V magazine, summer edition 2015. The photo shoot dubbed "The Steven Klein shoot", was styled by queen Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele.

In all her photo shoots, she is seen drapped in fur, it amazes me how she looks different, the best of two world, you could say, "switch skins"
Rihanna Covers V Magazine, Summer Issue 2015
               Rihanna on V magazine
In excerpts from the magazine interview, Rihanna reveals a lot about how busy she’s been, including the fact that she’s been working “on two albums.” Excuse me, WHAT?!? She says:
'I didn’t actually take time off. The past two years are the hardest I’ve ever worked. I’ve been working on two albums, an animated film, shooting for multiple magazines, designing for Puma and Stance [socks], a new line of fragrances, a summer tour, I launched my first annual Diamond Ball at the end of last year, and I’ve also been developing several projects to be revealed in the near future'.
 'The Home record was a soundtrack I created especially for the film,' she says. 'My eight studio album was a place for me to completely express myself creatively with no bounderies and try anything that I wanted.' It’s clear that fans are fiending for the album material for that very reason.
When she cryptically instagrammed a Paolo Roversi-lensed record sleeve with caption “#March26,” many of her fans stayed up the entire night before, speculating on Twitter about when her new song, “Bitch Better Have My Money”, would hit.
'The thing that made me fall in love with [‘FourFiveSeconds’] is the juxtaposition of the music and the lyrics,' she told V. 'When you read the lyrics it’s a completely different song than what you are hearing. The music is easygoing, but the lyrical content is very loud and in your face. In performing this, the key was to make sure the aggression wasn’t lost.
The magazine will be out on May 7 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit