Good Read: The Girl With The Louding Voice - Abi Dare

Image
  In this remarkable story, Adunni, the main character, depicts ambition fuelled with a burning desire to succeed despite all odds. Tales of this type still abound in Lagos, and they are portrayed in the media daily. Adunni is hailed as the poor girl with a rich mind, "Sherlock Holmes," who never stops asking intelligent questions, a child-bride, and a strong-willed girl who grew up fast due to the circumstance her parents put her through. However, she had the guts to pursue the life she wanted. - An education by any means necessary.  Adunni finally got her groove back after reading such an easy book, I could relate to the characters there. the harsh and despicable reality of Lagos till date. I would recommend this book to my friends and would love to see it turned into a film.

Tuedon Morgan, First Nigerian Marathon Runner To Reach The North Pole

Tuedon Morgan, First Nigerian Marathon Runner To Reach The North Pole
Inspiration comes from turning a negative episode to a positive one. A weight gain had spurred Tuedon Morgan to take up running to lose the flab, an event she loved so much she started partaking in marathon events from then on. The mother of four, started running in October 2011, and did a half marathon December 2011 but a full marathon in January 2012. It was interesting how she built up her endurance very quickly.


She joined the Doha Bay Running Club and entered the world of long distance running. In three short years, she ran 32 full marathons to date. This would be her fourth 4th year of marathon competition.

Tuedon Omatsola Morgan the north pole marathoner
Tuedon Morgan, participated in the UVU North Pole Marathon at the weekend, she not only took part, she actually finished, proudly waving the Nigerian flag in freezing temperatures.
After finishing the grueling race, she said, "As today I raised the Nigerian flag to become the first Nigerian to ever step foot on the North Pole and to run a marathon. Words fail me to express how am feeling. The weather was at -41C. I fought really hard to finish this race. I am grateful to God for helping me. I placed Nigerian flag on the North pole. No Nigerian has ever step foot on the pole, I became the first Nigerian to achieve this. You pick your flag when you cross the finish line and that kept me going. The last 4Km were the worst. I had soft snow up to my knee. I really thought I wasn’t going to make it. But, I know am not one to give up. I fight and fight to the end. I learnt new things about myself. This by far is the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life"

Congratulation on the great feat 







Culled from All Africa 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastor Of Breast and Honey Harvest International Church Exposed On Radio

Oga I Beg!!! Impostor Nabbed In Nigeria's Army Outfit